Have you ever taken a look at your shower drainage only to find a huge amount of hair strands stuck in there? This can be alarming and is usually a big cause of concern, as most of us are very much attached to our hair.
Thankfully, though, there are tons of ways you can combat hair loss. From getting the right type of shampoo and conditioner to using keratin hair care products, we are here to inform you how to stop hair loss as soon as possible.
What’s Causing You Hair to Shed?
Losing a few strands of hair a day is normal, especially when taking a bath. However, if you are noticing chunks of hair strands coming out all at once, then you might want to consider going to your dermatologist so you would know what is causing it. To give you an insight as to what can be the culprit, read below:
- Your hormones can be one of the main causes of hair loss. Women often go through hormonal changes and disorders and thus, this can cause changes in your body such as hair loss, getting a few pimples here and there, and more.
- Genetics can also be a culprit, so if you are experiencing extreme hair loss, then you might want to ask your parents if they went through the same thing. If they did, then chances are you got it from them.
- A lack of Vitamin B12, iron, and protein can actually cause hair loss. Ask your doctor if you need to take supplements to stop losing too much hair.
- Illnesses and medications can also cause hair loss. People who are diagnosed with hypothyroidism, lupus, diabetes, and other autoimmune disorders can experience hair loss. Additionally, taking certain medicines or undergoing treatments such as chemotherapy can also make you lose more hair than usual.
- Extreme hair styling can also cause hair shedding, especially if you undergo hair treatments often such as coloring, rebonding, straightening, and the like.
How Can You Stop It?
Thankfully, there are ways to stop hair loss. See below to know how you can stop it.
- Make it a point to reduce styling damage by putting down that blow dryer and the hair straightener. You still can use these, not just every single day, as doing so can dramatically damage your hair and eventually lead to hair loss.
- Eat your daily serving of meat and protein to make sure that your body will get proper nutrients that are essential for hair growth.
- Take certain supplements such as vitamin C, vitamin D3, vitamin B12, and the likes to make up for your lack of nutrients. You can also eat different types of food that are rich in these vitamins and nutrients to encourage hair growth.
- Try a keratin treatment to keep your hair shiny and soft. This will keep your hair from falling out, plus, you will have a pretty healthy scalp, too!
Always choose the right conditioner and shampoo to use for your hair type to avoid damages in the long run. Always take good care of your hair and scalp to prevent your hair from shedding too much.