First dates are both exciting and slightly scary. Getting to know someone else takes time, but choosing the right thing to do on your date can ensure you start on the right track. Different people have unique ideas of what a perfect date is like, and sometimes these ideas might clash with what people expect.
Here are some suggestions you could do to bring out the best in you and your partner on your first date.
Try out something physical
While a calm date is far from a bad thing maybe on your first date you can try something that is more exciting. Opting for sports is always a good option. Playing a game or joining a contest is a great way to know each other fast, and having the same goal makes it easier to bond with your date.
Also, believe it or not, the exercising itself can help you turn your date around. According to researchers, the symptoms common to physical activity like a racing pulse and short breath can make you feel more romantic towards your partner.
With that in mind here are some of our favorite physical activities for first dates:
- Dancing Lessons or Contests: Dancing is a good way to get active without having to compete with each other. Plus depending on the genre it can be quite romantic too.
- Ping Pong and other Table Sports: If you want the excitement of a good match without getting as tired Ping Pong is a good option. Anybody can easily pick up Ping Pong so skill isn’t a matter.
- Indoor Rock Climbing: The adrenaline of extreme sports with none of the risk. Indoor climbing is fun, safe, and likely something neither of you has tried out.
Other Activities for a More Relaxing Time
A first date can still be exciting without having to sweat. That’s why we’ll list some of our favorite options if neither you nor your partner wants to break a sweat:
- Try out a local cooking class: You’ll be learning together and have a great meal all at once.
- Go to a music festival: The perfect way to learn what music you both like and don’t like.
- Discover tourist areas together: There are always famous locations we as locals never visit, and those make a great place to discover together.
- Go to the local market and eat in: A local market is actually a great place for conversation to happen naturally and once you are done you can also enjoy a great meal in the area.
- Go wild at the karaoke. Singing is fun even if you aren’t the best. Karaoke allows you both to have fun and learn more about your different tastes.
Any of the above options give you an opportunity to know more about each other and try out new things at the same time. And dating is ultimately about finding out who the other person really is. A great first date is one where both of you leave happy and knowing more about the other person.
You don’t need to put too much pressure for a date to succeed. Remember, not everything depends on you or your partner. Even if it doesn’t work out, you would at least have made a new friend who could help you find Mr. Right or Ms. Perfect when you work with a matchmaker when you want to have a serious relationship.